LEXINGTON, Ky. (KT) — The Southeastern Conference adjusted its upcoming schedule on Friday because of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
The Kentucky-Georgia game scheduled for Oct. 24 at Kroger Field has been moved to Oct. 31 and will be played at noon on the SEC Network.
In addition, the Wildcats will play at Missouri on Oct. 24 and will kick off at 4 p.m. on the SEC Network.
“As we go through these unprecedented times, the programs in the SEC continue to work through the protocols and scheduling which keeps players, coaches, staff and fans as safe and healthy as possible, while trying to afford the opportunity to play a full schedule,” Kentucky Athletics Director Mitch Barnhart said. “Moving these games gives the conference and our program the best opportunity to accomplish these goals.
Earlier this week, the Vanderbilt-Missouri game scheduled for Saturday was rescheduled and will be played on Dec. 12 and LSU’s game at Florida, also set for Saturday, was moved to Dec. 12. The Gators’ game at Missouri was moved from Oct. 24 to Oct. 31.
"Among our scholarship players, we have 18 current positives,” Florida Athletics Director Scott Stricklin said. “We have another three walk-ons who are positive, so a total of 21 current team members, and when you add in those who are quarantined through contact tracing as a result of those positives, in addition to a handful of players who are on the non-COVID injury list, it gives the Gators less than 50 scholarship players available currently.
“Fortunately, all those who are positive in this instance, including some coaches and some football staff, seem to be either asymptomatic or only experiencing mild symptoms so that's obviously a positive right now and hopefully they'll continue to not have more severe symptoms."
Kentucky takes on Tennessee at noon Saturday in Knoxville.
• Tickets and parking purchased for the original Oct. 24 date with Georgia will still be valid for the rescheduled game against the Bulldogs on Oct. 31, and ticket holders do not need to take further action. For questions or additional ticket assistance, contact the ticket office at UKTickets@uky.edu or (800) 928-2287.
“These adjustments may create inconveniences and our staff is here to assist to the extent we can with those changes. please contact our ticket office with any questions," Barnhart said.
SEC Schedule Adjustments:
• Kentucky at Missouri moves from Oct. 31 to Oct. 24 at 4 p.m. on SEC Network
• South Carolina at LSU remains on Oct. 24, changes game time to 7 p.m. on ESPN
• Georgia at Kentucky moves from Oct. 24 to Oct. 31 at noon on SEC Network
• Missouri at Florida moves from Oct. 24 to Oct. 31 at 7:30 p.m. on SEC Network Alternate
• Vanderbilt at Missouri moves from Oct. 17 to Dec. 12, time and network TBA
• LSU at Florida moves from Oct. 17 to Dec. 12, time and network TBA